This information was obtained from “AAALiving” - the July/August 2017 edition. On specific holidays, if you become impaired from drinking alcohol and cannot locate safe transportation, AAA offers "Tow to Go" - a free program designed to combat drunk driving in Michigan and in other states.
To obtain the service or to learn more information, call 1-855-286-9246 (1-855-2-TOW-2-GO). The key details are:
- You do not have to be a member of AAA to use the service.
- You cannot make an appointment – it is meant to be a safety net for those who did not plan ahead.
- A tow truck will give you and your vehicle a free, confidential ride, to a safe place, within a 10-mile radius of your location.
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two passengers. If there are more people in your party, you’ll need to make other arrangements.
- The service may not be available in rural areas.
- The service is available for the Super Bowl, St. Patricks’ Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas through New Year’s Eve.