On December 6, 2018, marijuana will become legal for recreational purposes, in addition to medicinal (voters approved back in 2008).
What does this mean for you? Know the law! For instance, please note:
- It will still remain illegal for those under 21
- U-M has a smoke-free policy on campus to include marijuana
- Landlords can still prohibit its use on his/her property
- You cannot smoke in public spaces - doing so can subject you to a $100 civil infraction
- You cannot drive while under the influence of marijuana
- Employers can still require drug testing for marijuana
This post was derived from this MSN article. If you need assistance interpreting the law, please call us at (734) 763-9920 to schedule an intake appointment. Our attorneys are also available to speak to student groups on this topic.